So the holidays are over (or just about, anyway), and as of last month I am no longer required to keep a blog: however, I did find it very useful for the two modules I documented on it, so I think I’ll keep on trucking with it this semester. There will be a few changes, though:
1. There will probably be more informal posts, with less of a schedule. It depends.
2. I will still be talking about my classes, but I probably won’t be doing it in French unless I have to, or I really need to practise.
3. There will be a lot more ranting about my final year project (thesis equivalent, but I’m in undergrad? I don’t know what other universities call them. Essays? Long, horrible essays?).
4. There might be less creative writing, since I’m no longer doing a creative writing class, but I am hoping to keep it up outside of college work…basically, if I have time, I will still be doing creative writing, but don’t bet the house.
5. There will be more film stuff. Although I’m not a huge film fan, one of my classes next semester is on European cinema from the 1960s to present day, and that’s definitely one that I will be going over here. So much easier to take notes when I can include screencaps!
Last note: if anyone is interested (no-one is interested, I know this) my final year project is a comparative study of postcolonial themes and language use in A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and Cahier d’un retour au pays natal. If there is anyone (hello?…Bueller?) who also finds that interesting, and maybe happens to know stuff about it, please hit me up. No, seriously, bro. Srsly.